Friday, February 22, 2008

2008 Spirit Awards Exclusive Clips #4 and #5


Like most of you, I'm looking forward to the Academy Awards ceremony this Sunday evening. There's probably not going to be a lot of excitement this year (I wonder what the Vegas odds are for any actor who's not Daniel Day-Lewis or Javier Bardem?) But I'm hoping that my boy Jon Stewart will keep us entertained nonetheless.

I'm actually more excited about the 2008 Film Independent's Spirit Awards this year, which are often a bit overshadowed by the 800 lb. Oscar gorilla, since they take place on the same weekend. I am often more interested in the nominated films & actors at the Spirit Awards (and this year is no exception), and the ceremony itself is usually a bit more hip and fun than the Oscars.

The Spirit Awards have Rainn Wilson as host this year, too, who is one of the few people on Earth that might have the power to woo me away from Jon Stewart. I can't exactly vouch for Wilson's hosting skills, but he seems like he'd be a natural. And since he's long been on my short list of People I'd Watch Even If They Were Just Waiting In Line At The License Branch, I expect to fully enjoy the festivities.

So, I officially recommend that everyone tune in to the live broadcast of the 2008 Spirit Awards this Saturday, Feb. 23rd at 5:30 Eastern on IFC. Or, if you're like me and don't have access to IFC in your backwater town, you can catch an edited rebroadcast on AMC later that evening at 10:00 Eastern.

To whet your independent movie appetites, here are 2 more exclusive clips, this time from Juno producer Mason Novick. First, he talks about nominated screenwriter Diablo Cody:



And in this clip, Novick discusses Juno star and Best Female Lead nominee, Ellen Page:

No comments yet

Flight of the Conchords LIVE, April 2008


That Is So Wrong!

Words of Wisdom from Keith Olbermann

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Flight of the Conchords Jukebox

"Scrubs" Songs Jukebox


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add to Technorati Favorites